Thursday, February 2, 2012

Super Suit

Today was the big boss lady's birthday at my work.  In honor of her special day, I wore my ultra-amazing, crime fighting, so fabulous it almost hurts, super suit. 

This suit came to me in the most unpredictable manner.  In all honesty, it really didn't come as a suit at all.

The story, soon to become legend, goes a little like this....

Two years ago on a sunny, summer afternoon, I entered a local clothing resale shop to see if they had anything that piqued my interest.  I found a cute leopard print blazer that fit like a dream.  The price was right and after all, leopard IS my favorite color--SOLD!  I brought my purchase home and into the closet it went without much thought; or wear for that fact.

Fast forward six months--I am visiting my in-laws in Minneapolis for the holidays.  My MIL and I are on the hunt for a light fixture for her foyer.  We stop in to her most favorite resale shop to have a little look-see.  We spot a fantastic light and take a few measurements.  Yep-that's the ticket, it will look great in her foyer!

But wait...What has caught my attention?  On that rack over there.  The one with the 75% off sign.  Why, it's a pair of darling leopard print capri pants. Oh and they're my size!  Ugh-but I am all caught up in the purchase of the light and I don't really feel like trying them on.  And I didn't bring any cash with me.  So I left without the pants.

I thought about those pants all the way back to Michigan.  They were only $5, so if they didn't fit well it would be no big loss.  I called my MIL and asked her to pick them up for me if they were still there the next time she stopped in.  They arrived in my mailbox about a week later.  Yes--I do have a wonderful MIL!

I tried the pants on and was pleasantly surprised by the fit.  I am severely lacking in the butt department so getting pants that fit is sometimes a challenge.  I took off my newly acquired trousers and read the tag for laundering instructions.  Hey, wait a minute, this tag looks oddly familiar.  Hmmmm.... Holy-wa!  Are you kidding me?!  I sprinted to my closet and grabbed my blazer.  A perfect match!!  Who knew?  Now that's serendipity. 



'Til we meet again,
Ms. Adventure



2 comments:

  1. yes!! I love this outfit of yours :) one of my favorites you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This by far is the best suit that I have seen in a long time! You are an inspiration to all of us women who are too scared to think outside of the box. One day I will be bold and have an amazing suit.

    ReplyDelete