Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fantastic Finds

Daddy-o and I finally had a day off together on Friday and decided to spend it checking out all of the thrift shops and antiques stores. Here are some of the treasures we came home with.

This is a darling little martini set.  The glasses and shaker are rimmed in silver.  I just couldn't resist the You, Me and Ours script!

We accidentally stumbled on this great velvet tiki painting.  We were waiting in a very slow moving line at Goodwill and someone had abandoned this beauty on a shelf near the checkout.  The aqua and coral colors of this painting will go great with some of our other vintage goodies!

This little lamp was also a Goodwill find.  Boy was it filthy!  I could spot the diamond beneath the dirt.  Here she is all cleaned up and awaiting new wiring.  The nut that holds the socket to the lamp base is very rusty and will not come undone.  I think this will have to see a hacksaw or some other implement of destruction.  I hope she makes it through! 

A great little teal lamp.  Perfect for the bedside.  Great shape, great color.  Now to find the perfect shade to go with...

You may not know this but...I am a sucker for travel souvenirs.  I think that may have something to do with the whole Airstream Travel Trailer wanderlust phenomenon. This is an ashtray with a Michigan travel theme.  Judging by the sticker on the bottom, it was purchased at Castle Rock in St. Ignace, Michigan.
And last, but not least, a lovely teal footed bowl.  I have no idea who the maker is or how old this is but I liked so...sold!  The bottom is marked USA 262F.  If anyone has any ideas as to the manufacturer, please let me know.  Thanks!

'Til we meet again,
Ms. Adventure

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love the teal lamp! so awesome. I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap the velvet tiki painting is awesome. I would have jumped on that too.

    ReplyDelete